Salary £25k with uncapped 10% commission on all successful bids
CPD fees (i.e. PhD/specialist courses) subject to performance
Company phone, pension & laptop
6 months fixed term contract. Extendable.
Flexible working hours - Primarily home based. Office in Russell Square, WC1N
Provide specialist assistance to a startup public health consultancy alongside (a) an international health policy think-tank and (b) academic departments in a university - (i) child health policy and (ii) health informatics (i.e. "big data"). A honorary RA contract with the academic department will be organised.
Administrative assistance to company founder. Includes a property development and lettings company.
- MSc degree in Public Health or equivalent subject (Essential)
- PhD in Public Health or equivalent (Desirable)
- Carrying out high quality academic literature reviews and in conducting key informant interviews
- Statistical analyses including use of packages such as STATA and/or R
- Publishing academic papers and/or presenting at national/international conferences
- Research grant and/or bid writing
- Bookkeeping including receipt handling & VAT returns.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in completing projects, publishing papers and presenting at conferences. Portfolio include:
o Effectiveness of antibiotics in children using electronic health records
o Longitudinal analysis of >50,000 intensive care admissions in Singapore
o Global mapping of security for health and humanitarian organisations in conflict zones
o Developing an integrated health, education and environment intervention to improve feeding practices in India
- To undertake and assist on preparing grant applications and bids. Recent examples include:
o Randomised controlled trial to improve infant feeding practices in East London (NIHR PHR Programme; £458,415)
o Research to support an inquiry into young people's future health prospects (Health Foundation; £176,886)
o Evaluation a Tier 2 obesity intervention for a Yorkshire local authority (£50,000)
- To carry out a range of administrative tasks that may include; budget management, income/expenditure monitoring, travel arrangements, CV updates, receipts/expenses handling and quarterly/annual VAT and company tax returns under supervision.
- To manage electronic (eg. Dropbox, Receipt Bank, Kashflow, EndNote) and paper based filing systems under supervision (eg. Kashflow/Xero with input from company accountants)
- To assist in lettings management including room and property listings, obtaining quotes, appointing and monitoring contractors for property repairs and refurbishments and handling queries from prospective and ongoing tenants