Senior Commercial Asset Manager - Property
Excellent salary & package
12 Month FTC
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) was established in 1988 as a wholly owned and central part of the Royal London Group. Since then, they have built an innovative, high performing reputation as one of the UK's leading fund managers with an award winning track record and exceptional standard of client service.
RLAM provide investment management solutions to both wholesale and institutional clients such as not-for-profit organisations, local authorities and the insurance sector. They invest across all major asset classes and manage approximately £101 billion of assets (at 30.09.2016), an increase of more than 100% over the past four years. RLAM pride themselves on the people they employ, their excellent performance and delivery, and the wide-ranging group of clients they manage for.
RLAM are looking to make an important appointment of a Senior Asset Manager specialising in the Commercial Sector within their Property team. This individual will play a leading role in active management of property investment assets ensuring they outperform the benchmark for internal and external clients. You will have the opportunity to manage a wide and varied portfolio of Commercial, Office & Industrial property and be part of a team who have responsibility for a property portfolio in excess of £3.4 billion.
- Ensure properties within your portfolio are pro-actively managed and that properties positively contribute to the performance of the funds
- Creatively consider ways to extract additional value from the portfolio
- Ensure property value is maintained and enhanced where possible through the use of property asset management initiatives
- Positively contribute to the forecast and strategy process providing insight and specialist knowledge as required
- Ensure that identified sales are actioned to ensure full value is obtained
- Ensure that the active management of the portfolio is in accordance with, and supports the overarching fund and sector strategy
- Pursue refurbishment and development opportunities as appropriate in order to enhance fund performance
- Liaise with the Funds' managing agents, as required, to ensure the pro-active management of the property assets and to reduce arrears and non-recoverable costs etc
- Support the Head of Offices and Head of Industrial on property purchases
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience of working within a similar Senior Asset Manager position
- In depth knowledge of the Commercial, Office & Industrial market and sector
- Extensive property market contacts
- Clear understanding of a wide range of investment processes, including valuation and direct development
- Sound working knowledge of legal/economic framework
- Excellent knowledge of Argus Investor and Developer
- Ability to build strong relationships with a demanding team
- Good statistical, analytical and problems solving skills
- Excellent negotiating skills, decision making ability and judgement
- Ability to represent RLAM in a professional manner within the property market and to existing and prospective clients
- MRICS/FRICS (desirable)
For a confidential discussion on the role or to apply, please contact Danny Palmer at the following address.